The patenting process is lengthy and complex. You need a guide who can provide transparency about the process and the fees - and who can truly understand what you are releasing into the world. Our firm was founded based on the observation that patent attorneys are often limited in their understanding of the technology that their clients are designing. The Han Santos firm founders and several members of our patent team have engineering and software backgrounds. As a result, we can serve as both technical subject matter experts and legal counsel which allows for a discerning partnership uniquely qualified to accelerate your business goals.
3 Types of Patents
Utility patents can be issued to anyone who invents or discovers any new and useful product, process, or machines. According to the USPTO, 90% of all patents are utility patents.
Design patents can be issued to anyone who invents a new, original, and ornamental design for an article of a manufactured item.
Plant patents can be issued to anyone who invents or discovers and asexually reproduces any distinct and new variety of plant.
Patent Preparation & Prosecution
- Invention harvesting
- Inventor counseling
- Domestic filing and drafting for United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Foreign filing and drafting including Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT)
- 450+ U.S. and foreign patent applications for major Fortune 500 companies. (Elliot)
- Counsel for a telecommunications company’s response to Apple vs. Google litigation (Elliot)
- Portfolio development counsel for a major national retailer (bert)
- Co-inventor on 3 Microsoft patents (Pat)
- Virtual reality
- Cloud computing
- Payment processing
- Wireless/cellular communication software and hardware
- Signal transfer among mobile devices and access networks
- Enterprise storage systems
- Semiconductor/microelectronics including electro-mechanical devices