The Washington D.C. office of Han Santos, PLLC is seeking an entry-level to second-year data privacy and IP associate to join its growing data privacy and technology practice. Han Santos offers a collegial work environment with opportunities to grow your legal skills and practice.
In addition to its privacy/security practice, Han Santos provides corporate, securities, IP procurement, and IP counseling services to clients ranging from small startups to Fortune 500 companies. Our compensation and benefits model is designed to attract and incentivize performers while offering an alternative to the high production commitment work environments of traditional law firms.
Han Santos is comprised of experienced and highly regarded attorneys from a diverse array of firms, non-profits, and corporations who excel in providing high quality client services. Han Santos is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to workplace diversity; offering mentorship/training for qualified candidates. Candidates must be located in the Washington D.C. metro area to be considered although some remote work is permitted.
Candidates will have the following:
- Strong legal research and writing skills in privacy, cybersecurity, copyrights and trademarks
- Familiarity with drafting/editing contracts/licenses/IP policies for technology products and services, including with proprietary software or open-source components
- Familiarity with copyright law, specifically software/API copyright and secure test issues
- Familiarity with education laws, including FERPA and state student privacy laws/agreements preferred but not required
- Legislative/regulatory tracking and analysis, including drafting updates for clients on updates/new information a plus
- Technical background a plus, especially background is in retail technology and/or ANSI/ISO standards work
- CIPP, CIPM, or other privacy or security certification(s) a plus