Blog + Noticias
Han Santos Counselor Earns Coveted Privacy Practice Certification
Nabil Abdalla, celebrated associate within Han Santos, recently received his Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) credential after passing the exam in July. Nabil works within the firm’s Intellectual Property and Cybersecurity & Privacy practice groups. Obtaining the CIPP certification sets Nabil up as a premier counselor in the privacy law sector.
Earning the CIPP certification involves an arduous exam process. The exam covers several areas within information privacy, focusing on the following four:
- Foundational understanding of privacy and data protection, jurisdictional laws, regulations, and enforcement models
- Legal requirements for handling and transferring data
- Limits on Private-sector Collection and Use of Data
- Government and Court Access to Private-sector Information, Workplace Privacy and State Privacy Laws.
In conjunction with CIPP, Nabil also recently obtained his Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification. This allows him to display added authority in privacy matters.
The International Information System Security Certification Consortium (ISC)² (a global cybersecurity and IT security professional organization) awards this certification to those who show ability in all eight domains of the CISSP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK).
These domains include:
- Security and Risk Management and Security Engineering
- Development of threat models and standard operating procedures
- Tracking data flows for potential and actual breaches
Nabil’s work at Han Santos spans several practice areas and disciplines. The core of his privacy specific work revolves around reviewing provisions in major contracts, application-specific matters, and drafting privacy policies.
INDIVIDUAL ARTICLE DISCLAIMER: