We are looking for a highly proactive, service-oriented, legal assistant to support our expanding patent practice.
At Han Santos, our full-service team offers complex business and corporate finance, intellectual property, privacy, and litigation counsel to innovative individuals and enterprises focused on growth.
We pride ourselves on a history of innovation and exceptional client service with an unwavering focus on achieving client business objectives. This translates internally as a team of dedicated professionals who work together to deliver the best possible client and team experience.
As a Legal Assistant supporting patent teams nationwide, your duties will include interfacing with attorneys, paralegals, and clients to facilitate preparation and prosecution of patent applications in the US Patent and Trademark Office, and supporting various legal projects as needed.
- B.A./B.S. in Project Management, Business Operations/Administration, Legal or another related field – or commiserate professional experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience supporting a patent team in a law firm
- Ability to meet deadlines, organize and prioritize assignments, work independently, and take initiative to move projects to completion
- Strong client service orientation with excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of attorneys and staff
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and other software including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and Visio
- Paralegal Certificate from ABA approved program
- Project Management Certificate
- Additional Experience working in a corporate legal department
- Prepare, proofread, distribute, and track return of executed formal documents
- Proofread patent applications, allowed claim sets and issued patents
- Organize and distribute new cases with supporting documentation to attorneys and staff as directed
- Schedule meetings for attorneys and staff as necessary
- Ongoing workflow tracking – continue coordinated efforts with docketing, paralegals to improve and automate tracking of the patent prep & pros pipeline
- Locate and obtain non-patent literature documents
- Receive, process and prepare Letters Patents and Trademark Registrations for distribution to clients
- Review Filing Receipts and Notices of Recordation of Assignment (NORAs) received from the USPTO and audit for accuracy, flagging any errors for paralegals and docketing
- Report receipt of Office Actions, Notices of Publication, Filing Receipts, etc. to clients or prep language and documentation for paralegals to report to clients
- Maintain and update the Engineering Outreach team’s docket, coordinate Ideation Sessions and Disclosure Meetings
- Collect and process time entries from patent team
- Other duties as assigned to meet firm business objectives or legal obligations
Full-time | Starting Salary: $52,000 - $57,000 (DOE)
- Employer paid Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer Matched 401(k)
- Flexible working schedule - ability to define your working hours and location (Home or office) based on business needs
- 15 Paid time off days + 10 paid federal holidays per year
- Paid subscription to UDEMY library of courses
- Employer Paid membership to a professional group of your choice
- Monthly Transportation credit