The Seattle and Washington D.C. offices of Han Santos, PLLC are seeking experienced patent prosecution associates to join their growing patent prosecution practices. Han Santos is a local law firm that offers a collegial work environment with opportunities to grow your legal skills and practice. Han Santos provides corporate, securities, IP procurement, and IP counseling services to clients ranging from small startups to Fortune 500 companies. Our compensation and benefits model is designed to attract and incentivize performers while offering an alternative to the high production commitment work environments of traditional law firms.
Our team includes experienced and highly regarded attorneys from a diverse array of firms and corporations that value providing high quality client services. Han Santos is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to diversity in the workplace. Candidates will be initially hired on as contractors with the opportunity for full-time employment following evaluation period. Candidates must be located in the Seattle or Washington D.C. area. Relocation is not available at this time.
Candidates will have the following:
- At least 4-7 years of patent preparation and prosecution experience.
- B.S. and/or M.S. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or a B.S. in Engineering with relevant technical Computer Science or Electrical Engineering work experience. Technical experience with wireless communications or wireless/inductive charging technology is desirable.
- Strong technical and legal writing skills, including the ability to write clearly, concisely, and persuasively to explain technical innovations while applying patent law jurisprudence.
- An ability to conduct independent research to quickly get up to speed on unfamiliar technology.
- Experience in invention harvesting, such as assisting clients with identifying new ideas or potential innovations in their technology sectors that are patentable.
- A strong sense of self-motivation to meet work product deadlines or complete projects ahead of schedule.
- Admission to the USPTO as a registered Patent Attorney or a registered Patent Agent.