Ken Russell, PhD
Dr. Ken Russell is an award-winning technologist, trusted digital transformation leader, and innovation amplifier. He is an author, speaker, and board member known for helping organizations define and pursue their digital transformation journeys with guiding experience, connections, conversations, and collaborations.
Ken is a skilled practitioner in helping senior executives embrace and prepare for the next generation of employees, processes, and workplace challenges. This includes coaching on and mentoring for resiliency, policy/process development, validation of technology vision/direction, road-mapping, and Enterprise Architecture.
A technology pioneer, Ken developed early Intranet systems for large banks which led to his participation in developing one of the first successful Internet-based training platforms. He is extremely well versed in IoT, PMO Acceleration, AI/ML, Business Intelligence, Data Science, M&A, DLT, CPaaS integration, Collaboration, Privacy, Cybersecurity, Help Desk/Contact Center, DevOps & Managed Cloud transformations.
Senior Roles/Projects/Investments include:
- Chief Information & Innovation Officer, New College Institute
- Chief Innovation Officer, Curran Biotech
- VP of Digital Transformation and CIO, Pfeiffer University
- Chief Architect & Executive Director, Applied Technology Acceleration Institute
- EVP Digital Transformation & Emerging Markets, iTalent Digital Solutions
- Chief Information Officer, Murdock Research Institute
- Executive roles at Cisco, Bank of America, Duke Energy
- Private Equity Advisor Practitioner - Organization, Technology, and Process
- Board of Advisors - Curran Nanotechnology Transformation Group
- Board Member - Water Innovations Alliance
- Board of Advisors – NanoBCA
Industries and Technology:
- Enterprise Architecture Thought Leader and Coach (TOGAF Certified)
- Nanotechnology and Digital Water Thought Leader
- Focus on Simplification, Resiliency, and Automation via Cloud based solutions
- 2021 Award Winner - HMG Global Leadership Institute Award
- 2020 Award Finalist for the North Carolina Tech Awards (for Industry Driven Healthcare Tech)
- 2018 CIO of the Year Award (finalist) ORBIE Awards/Charlotte Business Journal