Gloria is an Intellectual Property attorney and joined Han Santos in 2017. She co-chairs the IP Transactions (IPX) practice of the firm. She provides a unique perspective as a patent attorney. She advises on IP counseling and strategy development, licensing, due diligence, advanced patent prosecution, and various commercial agreements. Her clients include early- and mid-stage ventures as well as Fortune 500 companies spanning many technical fields, including: telecommunications, computer software, and biotechnology, among others.
Gloria also chairs and manages the Trademark practice of the firm. As a trusted advisor to a wide array of organizations, she regularly provides global brand counseling and coaches clients on Trademark protection and enforcement. This includes representations before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
To further prove herself as a thought leader in the world of IP, Gloria regularly contributes to Intellectual Property resource websites and blogs including Wysebridge and Patently-O. She covers various IP related issues, including Trademark, Patent, and Copyright law. In addition, Gloria has also served as a Writers in Residence Program Director for a non-profit organization for women in the legal profession.
Gloria also engages in speaking events and hosts CLE events, including: Harvesting and Managing Patents for the Tech Sector in 2019 at the American Bar Association; and Tech Summit in 2019 on Lifecycle of Data-Centric Machine Learning Transactions at the Washington Chapter of the Association of Corporate counsel.
Gloria is a military veteran from her 10 years of service in the Medical Service Corps of the United States Army, where she earned the rank of Captain.
Practice Areas & Services:
- Intellectual Property Transactions & Counseling
- Trademarks & Branding
- Patent search and patentability analysis
- Trademark registration
- Licensing and contract drafting
- Patent and trademark pre-litigation
- Patent and trademark infringement analysis
- Individualized intellectual property portfolio management
Admissions & Certifications:
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- J.D., Thomas Kline School of Law, Drexel University
- B.S., Chemistry, Drexel University