Glen Johnson brings with him over 25 years of intellectual property portfolio development, patent strategy, and IP counseling. Glen has also proven adept at drafting and negotiating a variety of business critical IP and commercial transactions for his clients, including complex software product and service licensing agreements. He joined forces with Han Santos in the fall of 2020.
Before practicing law, Glen began his career as an electrical and software engineer in the telecommunications industry. Armed with a law degree, he later leveraged these skills to contribute, and then lead electronics and software patent practice teams at Nortel Networks and Stoel Rives LLP.
Following his move to Washington State, Microsoft tapped Glen for several senior portfolio development and licensing roles, culminating in Assistant General Counsel leading patent support for Microsoft’s Hardware & Gaming businesses including Surface and XBox.
Upon leaving Microsoft Glen set up his own successful law firm on Bainbridge, WA, and decided to merge his practice with Han Santos to practice with a larger team, provide more coverage to his clients and engage in more complex projects.
Because of his robust experience in both software and electronics engineering and corporate counseling Glen is equally comfortable working with clients in research and development labs, the boardroom, and at the negotiating table. He brings a dynamic background and solid experience as a trusted and strategic advisor for technology companies ranging from startups to Fortune 50 enterprises, bolstering an already technically stacked Patent Attorney bench.
Practice Areas & Services:
- Patent Strategy
- Patent Portfolio Development, including US and International Preparation & Prosecution
- IP Counseling, Risk Mitigation and Enforcement
- IP Transactions, including Collaborative Development, Licensing & Monetization
- Commercial Transactions, including Software Licensing
- Standards Participation and Patent Pooling
Admissions & Certifications:
- State Bar of Washington
- State Bar of Texas
- US Patent & Trademark Office
- J.D. Baylor University School of Law
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, Southern Methodist University