Donna McPartland is a key member of the Privacy, Cybersecurity, and Testing practice group. She focuses her practice on global data privacy and security counseling. Her clients include global companies, educational curricula, and technology providers, testing organizations, online proctoring services, and non-profit organizations. She excels in providing strategic, practical advice to develop, implement, and maintain global data privacy and security programs. She also serves as external general counsel and as a privacy officer for clients.
Donna has over 20 years of legal experience with many years in-house in Chief Privacy Officer roles in the educational and testing industry. Most recently, she was the Chief Privacy Officer at The College Board. She was in a similar role at the Graduate Management Admission Council (owner of the GMAT exam).
Donna is the Co-Chair of the Association of Test Publishers (ATP) International Privacy Subcommittee, a member of the Board of Directors of the Nonprofit Risk Management Center and an Advisory Board member of the U.S.- Ireland Alliance.
Donna is a regular speaker at conferences related to testing, education, and innovative technologies including AI (Artificial Intelligence) and biometric identification.
Donna is a Fellow of Information Privacy (FIP), Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) and Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US). She has been a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) since 2006 and served in a leadership position on the Educational Advisory Board.
The addition of Donna adds great depth to the firm’s privacy and testing practices and to industry work with testing and education organizations. Donna is based out of the DC office and adds to the impressive roster of senior attorneys.
Practice Areas & Services:
- Data Privacy & Cybersecurity
- Global Privacy Program Development and Management
- Cross Border Data Transfer Requirements
- Direct Interaction with EU and other international data protection authorities (DPAs)
- Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) and Privacy by Design guidance
- Information Security program development and management (including NIST, ISO, and SOC standards)
- High stakes testing, credentialing, and licensure
- Corporate: mergers & acquisitions including personal data
- Public Policy
- Government Risk Management
- Strategic Planning
- Corporate Governance
- Electric Vehicles
Admissions, Licenses, & Certifications:
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- Washington D.C.
- Fellow of Information Privacy (FIP)
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US)
- J.D, American University, Washington College of Law
- Certificate with Distinction, Foundations of EU Law, London Metropolitan University
- B.A., Political Science, Economics, University of Massachusetts Boston