Donna McPartland is a key member of the Privacy, Cybersecurity and Testing practice group. She focuses her practice on global data privacy and security counseling. Her clients include high stakes testing organizations, online proctoring services, assessment providers and technology providers in the education and testing industries. She excels in providing strategic, practical advice to develop, implement, and maintain global data privacy and security programs.
Donna has over 20 years of legal experience with many years in-house in Chief Privacy Officer roles in the educational and testing industry. Most recently, she was the Chief Privacy Officer at The College Board.
Donna is the Co-Chair of the Association of Test Publishers (ATP) International Privacy Subcommittee and a member of the Board of Directors of the Nonprofit Risk Management Center.
Donna is a Fellow of Information Privacy (FIP), Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) and Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US). She has been a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) since 2006 and served in a leadership position on the Educational Advisory Board.
The addition of Donna adds great depth to the firm’s privacy and testing practices and to industry work with testing and education organizations. Donna is based out of the DC office and adds to the impressive roster of senior attorneys.
Practice Areas & Services:
- Public Relations
- Due Diligence
- Public Policy
- Risk Management
- Strategic Planning
- Corporate Governance
- Information Security Management
- High Stakes Testing
- Global Privacy Program Development and Management (115 countries)
- Cross Border Data Transfer Requirements
- Direct Interaction with EU and other international data protection authorities (DPAs)
- Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs)
- Information Security including NIST, ISO, and SOC standards
Admissions & Certifications:
- State Bar of Virginia
- District of Columbia Fellow of Information Privacy (FIP)
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US)
- J.D, American University, Washington College of Law
- Certificate with Distinction, Foundations of EU Law, London Metropolitan University
- B.A., Political Science, Economics, University of Massachusetts Boston